Wednesday 22 May 2013

Umbrella Prints Trimmings Competition 2013.

I chanced upon this competition a little while ago on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. At the moment I am playing with hexagons so decided to use this as a theme. Each hexagon is about a centimetre in size, which was quite a challenge to sew when using the thicker fabrics.


Unpacking the trimmings.


Cutting out the hexagons and pentagons.


The ball in progress, on top of a tiny needle container!


The 3D needle work canvas. It measures only 6 by 6 inches. 


My new key ring ball. Shouldn't lose my keys now.



Showing the 3D effect of the canvas.

The hexagon sides measure only 1cm.

And even better I still have lots of trimmings left to make more key rings for Christmas presents for the girls and ladies in my family.

This is the first time I have put my work out there in a competition so wish me luck! Here goes. Good luck to all involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment